Business Beyond Borders

Business Beyond Borders

Monday, April 28, 2014

Exit Interview

(1) 
EQ: What is the best way for a fashion corporation to help artisan women in India become micro-entrepreneurs?
Answer 1: The best way for a fashion corporation to help artisan women in India become micro-entrepreneurs is by creating access to well-paying, stable jobs.
Answer 2: In order for fashion corporation to effectively help artisan women in India become micro-entrepreneurs, they may offer micro-finance to the women so that they are able to begin their entrepreneurship.
Answer 3: Fashion corporations can best help artisan women in India become micro-entrepreneurs by providing the women with the proper business and job training in order to become successful in their entrepreneurship.
Best Answer: In order for fashion corporation to effectively help artisan women in India become micro-entrepreneurs, they may offer micro-finance to the women so that they are able to begin their entrepreneurship.
Why: I was able to support this answer with the most solid, quality research. I found several statistics that make it very clear why this would be my best answer.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?
I was able to support this answer with the most solid, quality research. I found several statistics that make it very clear why this would be my best answer. My entire fourth interview was focused on micro finance, which became a great resource. Also, micro finance creates the foundation for the business. No matter their education or their product, they would need the financial support to get their business of the ground and begin producing profit. 

(3) 
I faced several problems. Starting over with a new topic, needing to redo my research, and finding a new mentorship were all very difficult to do. I had a lot of help and support from Mrs. Pittman and fellow seniors, which I feel helped me out of a rut I eventually found myself in soon after changing my topic. Even now, I am very unsure of my capability to properly execute this interview and my presentation. 

(4)
My third and fourth interview were very important to me as I was finding my answers to my essential question. I would specifically reference this question that I asked Mr. Kilduff in my third interview: "Can you tell me about any collaborations between fashion industries and the local workers in other countries" He answered with an explanation of fair trade, which is a consistent component in all three of my answers. In my fourth interview, I asked "What is the impact of microfinance in developing countries, such as India?" and she answered referencing my third answer which was education and the importance of it when building a business especially in a local, developing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment