Business Beyond Borders

Business Beyond Borders

Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday




1.  Over winter break, I was somewhat resourceful. To be honest, not as resourceful as I would have liked, though. I did, however, contact several people that I was referred to by my second interviewee, Felicia Thomas. Most of them were fellow professors in the psychology department. I also made a trip to Barnes and Noble and buy some rather interesting books based on my topic. They were more specific to certain cases and criminals, but it gave a fun intrigue to an otherwise academic read, which is why I chose to purchase them and barrow them from the library.

2.  The most important thing I learned was that psychology is a very hard topic to gain hours for. I may have contacted several people, but very few replied, and even less were able to give me any information that was of use to me. I understand that it was around the holidays, but I am still pushing to find more contacts. I also learned that although we are doing research for our project, it is vital to find a way to make it interesting for yourself. How else do you expect for someone to sit and listen during your presentation if you don't even have interest in what you are saying.


3.  I believe I would interview Laurie Roades, a psychology professor at Cal Poly. She has contacted me over break and given me various referrals and still continues to check in to see if I have made progress. I plan on meeting with her to see if I can do some mentorship hours with her. 


Books on my topic I actually like reading:

No comments:

Post a Comment