Business Beyond Borders

Business Beyond Borders

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blog 8: Research & Working EQ

"When a rogue kisses you, count your teeth" -Hebrew Proverb

1.  What classifies a psychopath as dangerous or benefiting towards society?

2. Psychologist have used the DSM-IV, also known as The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual: Mental Disorders and The Psychopathy Checklist, to classify whether a psychopath can be considered dangerous or benefiting towards society


3.  My first interview with Andrew Williams helped me find part of the answer to my working EQ. Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of Psychopaths Among Us by Robert D. Hare went into more detail on both the DSM-IV and the checklist mentioned in number 2.

4.  Since I determined that I wanted my topic to be Psychopathy, I have been on a desperate search for a mentor or somewhere to volunteer that is even vaguely related to my topic, but it has been very difficult. I have been able to find a class to cover my Independent Component #1. I also found two separate people to interview to fulfill the interview requirements and both recommended me to other people, but once again none of them specialized in my topic. I am still emailing and calling for my references. 




No comments:

Post a Comment