Business Beyond Borders

Business Beyond Borders

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blog 5: Project Reflection and Working EQ

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

The Pentagon: 


1. Positive Statement: I have come to understand my topic more than I had when I chose it in the first place. I realized that there is so much more to psychopathology and it has many sub-topics within it. This is helping me narrow down what I would like to focus my essential question on. Also, from my interview I gained a place where I can hopefully fulfill my mentorship.


2. EQ Content: "Without Conscience" written by Robert D. Hare is my second most important piece of research I have collected. Other articles and books I have read have focused on personality traits of those who have the specific personality disorder, but this non fiction piece introduces hard evidence, research experiments, and several resources within itself.

My interview was also very useful. The process of finding a mentor and mentorship has become a more doable task with help from Andrew Williams, the interviewee from my first interview. I am planning another trip to the library to collect various resources he recommended.

3.  I personally love the research checks every week. As seniors, we have so much going on throughout the week and it's nice to have time to focus on what needs to be done and get it done as quickly and productively as possible. I find my research very interesting and it helps keep me focused, even though it may seem like a long time to just sit and stay quiet.

4. The hardest part of the senior project is finding a mentor. Then again, that does not have to do with the project, mainly my topic itself. It seems like we have just started school and we have several due dates given to us, but that is expected of senior year.

5. Finding Value:


  • What determines that a person can be classified as "mentally ill" or as "psychopathic" in the law system?
  • The person I interviewed has referred me to a lady named Dr. Jennifer Rousch. She works with clients directly admitted to BHC Alhambra Hospital, a private, for-profit psychiatric hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment